Welcome to our 200th celebration for X-Band: The Phantom Podcast. It has been an amazing ride for the last 8+ years. Chronicle Chamber gives thanks to the past and present hosts in Joe Douglas, Lindsay Walker, Jermayn Parker, Stephen East, Dan Fraser and Matt Kyme along with our many correspondents including Mikael Lyck and Ankit Mitra.
To celebrate the 200th, our patreons were invited to chat with the newspaper adventure creators Tony DePaul, Mike Manley and Jeff Weigel. What followed was an amazing two hour chat were they got to field questions to the newspaper creators.
Some of the highlights includes Tony gives us a clue of stories a year in the future including us seeing how the 21st Phantom dies (again) which you can listen and watch in X-Band: The Phantom Podcast #196A, the return of the Temple of the Gods on Eden plus a story that was directed by Jeffs keen interest in African heritage.
Below is a list of topics that was discussed including their time stamps:
- 3 Minutes: Welcome to the guests
- 8 Minutes: What does Tony's, Mikes and Jeffs normal day look like?
- 14 Minutes: The love of drawing
- 16 Minutes: How Tony DePaul got connected with the Phantom, Ulf Granberg and Egmont
- 17 Minutes 30 Seconds: Tony DePaul's history with the Phantom
- 19 Minutes 30 Seconds: The Lore and has Tony ever had any stories rejected or changed?
- 23 Minutes: Has Jeff and or Mike had anything changed by KFS?
- 29 Minutes: Possibly why Tony has never had anything changed by KFS
- 33 Minutes: Inconsistency of the Phantom strip
- 35 Minutes: Interactions and process between the three creators
- 37 Minutes: Mike shows us example of script from Tony, Daily originals
- 39 Minutes: Mike talking about props and references including showing us one he brought.
- 42 Minutes 30 Seconds: Jeff talking on the time it takes for him to draw a strip
- 45 Minutes: Jeff talks about that special project for Frew.
- 47 Minutes 30 Seconds: Jeff as the "canary in the coal mine"
- 48 Minutes: Mike talking on the time it takes for him to draw a strip
- 52 Minutes: Mike talks about working with Al Williamson
- 55 Minutes: Gurans hat and being respecful to Bengallans
- 57 Minutes: Jeff Weigels New Sunday Story Theme
- 1 Hour, Minutes: Colonel Weeks and his retirement
- 1 Hour, 4 Minutes: Zippa Tone, Colouring the strips and the lack of handover
- 1 Hour 20 minutes: Extremes the creators go to creating our strips
- 1 Hour 23 Minutes: Phans compared to other fans and their legacy to the Phantom
- 1 Hour 33 Minutes: Pressure of the strip
- 1 Hour 37 Minutes: The official Phantom colour
- 1 Hour 39 Minutes: Restrictions of the strip
- 1 Hour 43 Minutes: fav or phun stories worked on
- 1 Hour 50 Minutes: The Phantom is not Batman
- 2 Hour: When is the 21st Phantom going to die?
- 2 Hour 6 Minutes: Patreon Draw
We would love to hear from you on what you think of what we discussed with Tony DePaul, Jeff Weigel and Mike Manley. and we hope you have a great time listening to the podcast.
You can email us at email@example.com or chat with us via our social media profiles with your feedback at Facebook, Twitter and or Instagram. Support the show