X-Band: The Phantom Podcast
#193 - With Glenn Lumsden
July 14, 2021
Glenn Lumsden is a very popular Australian artist who first drew comics in Australia back in the 1970's. He was one of the first Australian artists to draw a full length Phantom story, has worked for several American comic companies including DC and Marvel.
Some of the topics we touch upon are:
- History of the Marvel Phantom series including the amazing lengths he went to to get it right including mapping out the whole car chase and even his trip to Africa.
- History on comics from the 1930s to current.
- History on comics in Australia and who he worked with for several decades.
- His history with Glenn Ford and who he looked like in the 70's and 80's.
- His Giant Size covers
- The Phantom and crossovers with other Frew Giant Size characters including the next story he is working on.
The Phantom by Gaslight and the next installment.
- Being a mentor to other creators.
- His love for gray and the Phantom's fashion being like "Harry Highpants".
You will not be disappointed in listening to this close to two hour chat.
Please make sure you share, like and leave a comment on our social media profiles: Facebook, Twitter and or Instagram as well as our YouTube Channel.
Make sure you stay with us and do not forget to subscribe and leave a review on our podcast and or our YouTube Channel. Support the show