Jermayn Parker and Dan Fraser do their best (& fail) to review this 180 page full colour Frew special comic inside an hour. They go down various rabbit holes and get caught up loving this comic which we both label is a hands down winner of the best Frew comic of the year and likely all time.
They discuss the overall package of the comic with the paper quality, the cover, the historic article written by Kevin Patrick and each story in full detail - the writing, the drawings and even the colouring and how it presented on the paper.
This review will contain spoilers. You can buy your copy at the Frew website.
If your one of the phans who can only listen to some parts of the podcast, below is a timeline of the stories that we discussed.
Overall Comments of the issue plus phan reactions: 2 Minutes 30 Seconds
- "The Slavers, The Women and the Bogey Man" written & drawn by Shane Foley and coloured by Ivan Pedersen. 22 Minutes
- "The Singh Raiders" written by Andreas Eriksson, drawn by Ivan Rodriguez and coloured by Daniel Jnr. 29 Minutes 30 Seconds
- "Ghost of Ships Past, pt 1" written by Andrew Constant and drawn/coloured by Jason Paulos. 42 Minutes 30 Seconds
- "Undergrowth" written by Dean Rankine, drawn by Ivan Rodriguez and coloured by Tarella Pablo. 51 Minutes 30 Seconds
- "The Kiss of the Devil, pt 1" written by Pidde Andersson, drawn by Giancarlo Caracuzzo and coloured by Flavia Caracuzzo. 56 Minutes 30 Seconds
- "And our Friends are all Aboard" written, drawn and coloured by Paul Mason. 1 Hour 5 Minutes
- "To Wrack and Ruin at Gravelines" written by Tony DePaul and drawn by Mike Manley. 1 Hour 10 Minutes
- "The Box" written by Dean Rankine, drawn by Jeremy MacPherson and coloured by Tom Mason. 1 Hour 18 Minutes
- Kevin Patrick's Article. 1 Hour 23 Minutes
You can email us at email@example.com or chat with us via our social media profiles with your feedback at Facebook, Twitter and or Instagram. We would love some feedback on what we discussed on the podcast and on the following topics:
- Did you like the fact that we only got new stories in this issue?
- Would you have liked to see reprint stories?
- What is your favourite story out of these 8?
- Do you like colour in your Phantom comics?
- Is the "The Singh Raiders" story a good template for the 22nd Phantom stories?
- Do you like short 2-6 page stories?
- Did you get caught with the Flick on page 82 looking like another word?
- Do you like having the current Daily stories published regular or would you like to see them collected together when it ends?
- Would you like to see a podcast with Tony DePaul to discuss this arc with us?
Do not forget that we are holding a competition for our YouTube viewers that if you comment in the next week, you will be in the running for a Phantom shirt posted to you for Free.
Make sure you stay with us and do not forget to subscribe and leave a review on our podcast and or our YouTube Channel. Support the show